Park City, Utah / Jackson, Wyoming
Award winning motion picture
and television productions
Horizon Pictures was incorporated in Wyoming in 1976 as a motion picture and television production company. Throughout its long history of producing documentaries, commercials, and educational programs for television and video distribution, Horizon has received Golden Eagle awards, Ace nominations, Emmy awards and nominations, and much repeat business. Horizon currently maintains offices in Los Angeles, California, and Jackson Hole, Wyoming.
The company's President, Peter Pilafian, is a filmmaker who also works outside the company as cinematographer on TV series such as "Survivor" for CBS; "The Larry Sanders Show" for HBO; "American Roots Music" for PBS, and many documentaries, commercials, music videos, promotional videos, and both high- and low-budget feature films. Pilafian also serves as a DGA Segment Director, and occasionally directs commercials and second units.
Horizon Pictures' Productions:
- "Black Tide", a one-hour documentary for the Discovery Channel about the Valdez oil spill.
- "Wyoming Magic", a half-hour documentary for the State of Wyoming.
- "River of the Red Ape", a one-hour adventure documentary which aired on Disney Channel, then A & E Cable, and now sells in home video.
- "Chris' Crisis Day", a series of short humorous videos for kids on safety in the home and neighborhood (for JFK Health World in Chicago.).
- Re-election campaigns (2) for Wyoming's Governor Ed Herschler (both successful).
- "adidas: the Atlanta Trade Show film", which played extensively here and in Europe.
- "Master Weavers of the Andes", an educational documentary about Quechua Indian village life in Peru (distributed by Britannica Films)
- A 'new image campaign' for the NBC affiliated television station in Casper, Wyoming.
- Five direct sales commercials for Fitness Quest, including the widely broadcast 60 second commercial for "Easy Glider" (enormously successful!).
- "Video Fish Tank", a 60-minute underwater video now in distribution.
- Stock footage sales are handled for the Company by Image Bank, a major world-wide broker.
In partnership with True West Productions, Horizon is developing several series for Television on topics such as Western Living, Creative Anachronisms, Traditional Neighborhood Development, Renewable Energy, and others.
Mr. Pilafian has photographed television specials for ABC, CBS, PBS, BBC, HBO, National Geographic, Discovery Channel, etc., as well as promotional pieces for Nike, Paramount, Universal, etc.
P.O. Box 1289
Wilson, WY 83014
Someday, Somebody will Ski That
Dogtown and Z-Boys
Internet Movie Database Inc.